Almadraba New Umbria is a set of houses and industrial buildings, abandoned since the early sixties, which it is in the so-called Flecha de El Rompido, a peninsula formed between the mouth of the Piedras River and the ocean, but it is seen from this fishing village, It belongs to the municipality of Lepe.
The set was built to house the sailors working in tuna fishing in the trap Nueva Umbria, most of them Isla Cristina, Punta del Moral, Lepe and Cartaya. In this core, that even had School, first aid kit, trade and barbers, They came to live more than nine hundred people between 1929 Y 1963.
Currently everything is in a sorry state of neglect, although some apples left standing housing, the captain's house, cottage diesel, Tar boilers, the alquitranadera, Fireplace, the two ships dedicated to warehouse and the quay that is submerged at high tide.
The quartered housing is divided into areas for married, for singles and for the Carabinieri. From the turret viewpoint of the captain's house, which can still be seen from the opposite bank, the place of catnip and is sighted by a flag code communicated daily number of catches of each raised. During the thirty-three seasons he worked this trap, They were captured over 250.000 tunas and over 20.000 atunarros, to which should be added snappers, mackerels, beautiful, corvinas, swordfish, sunfish, etc.
This town was known as Real Nuevo. A few hundred meters to the west and on the banks of Piedras River, he rose the Real Viejo, which are only some walls in the undergrowth.